So what will 2017 be like?
Reflecting on what happened in 2016 helps me focus on how to make 2017 better, below is an outline of my end of year thoughts and action plans (the first chart is blank, if anyone wants to use it for themselves, and the second one is filled out- hopefully the filled-out version will motivate me to follow through, after publicly stating this):
|2016 Reflection||My Thoughts||2017 Plans||2017 Specific Actions|
|For what am I grateful?||Make plans to do something that enhances, improves, what I am grateful for: Make It Count, Make a Difference.
|What did I enjoy most?||Spend more time and energy on what I am passionate about and identify ways my actions will benefit others: create purpose!
|What did I do to benefit, give back to others who are important to me?||This is success. Continue with more and if something is lacking make specific plans to elevate this action.
|What improvements did I make from the prior year?||This is success. Continue with more, what else can be done? Change is constant, keep it up, find ways to improve more, or lose it; complacency will lose it.
|What didn’t work out?||This is failure, but temporary, because I will learn from it and make changes.
|What were the challenges?||List them along with what I learned from it.
|What did I want to do, but didn’t get around to doing it?||Schedule it in 2017.|
|2016 Reflection||My Thoughts||2017 Plans||2017 Specific Actions|
|For what am I grateful?
· Travel Opportunities
· Business Opportunities
· People who have supported/mentored me throughout my life
|Make plans to do something that enhances, improves, what I am grateful for: Make It Count, Make a Difference.
|· Get involved in a helpful way with church to contribute/give back with my time
· Plan and Spend quality time with Family and Friends
· Research and Improve Nutrition through better meal planning
· Schedule 3-4 days of workouts per week and stick to it
· Support Musical Artists by attending concerts, buying music, blogging
· Nature/Outdoors/Travel: plan trips and share experiences and resources with others
· Make weekly goals and follow through to grow business
· Find an organization that helps people act and improve themselves; I’m not much a believer that “just dumping gifts in someone’s lap is the best way to make a long-term difference (if they are not trying to improve themselves on their own), but I want to help people who are trying
|What did I enjoy most?||· Time spent with those I care about
· Improving via Design or Personal Fitness
|Spend more time and energy on what I am passionate about and identify ways my actions will benefit others: create purpose!||My Lifetime Goal/Dream: I have a grandiose dream of creating or being involved with a luxury get away place that provides a place for people to get healthy, relax, work on fitness and enjoy music – all without leaving the getaway place. A place for others to recharge, reflect, improve.
|What did I do to benefit, give back to others who are important to me?||· Time spent with those I care about, I tried to be present whenever someone needed it.
· 2016 I probably spent more time than ever before reflecting, so next year I want to increase the time spent in action.
|This is success. Continue with more and if something is lacking make specific plans to elevate this action.||· Increase time spent on actively giving back to others – this area needs improvement for me.|
|What improvements did I make from the prior year?||· Stayed physically active throughout the year
· Attended more often at Church
· Acted to improve my situation, rather than complaining about it
· Acted on Real Estate renovations
|This is success. Continue with more, what else can be done? Change is constant, keep it up, find ways to improve more, or lose it; complacency will lose it.||· Continue plans and focus on health and fitness
· Get more involved with church
· Find other opportunities to renovate real estate
· Continue focus on self-improvement/purpose
|What didn’t work out?
|· Failed relationship
· Relationship damage with others
|This is failure, but temporary, because I will learn from it and make changes.||
· Try to keep interactions peaceful
· Make efforts to repair relationship damage with others
|What were the challenges?
· De-valued self-worth
· Simply existing, not living
|List them along with what I learned from it.
|· I learned to Let Go.
· I learned not to let significant time pass without positive action and improvement in any given situation.
· Improved Independence
· Let go of stress related to unimportant/insignificant events
· Remove myself from turmoil and surround myself with positive people
· Exercise relieves stress
· All people deserve respectful interactions, even if there is something bad happening
· Self-worth: continually work on self-improvement and don’t be affected by others who de-value that self-worth- ignore it
· Fleeing from a problem doesn’t solve it; it must be tackled head on
· Get away from environments that can’t be improved and cause sadness
· Improving my relationship with God and following what I am passionate about removes emptiness
· Pursing a passion with a purpose leads to happiness and is living, not simply existing
· Change will create fallout; that is a tradeoff unfortunately and will require more effort to improve but if not; let it go; nothing forced works in the long term.
· Finding forgiveness for “wrongs” because they fueled improvement, so the “wrongs” turned into a positive outcome.
|What did I want to do, but didn’t get around to doing it?||· I wasn’t as affective as I wanted to be in 2016, because I didn’t spend enough time on it.||Schedule it in 2017.|
It is important to me to live life the way it matters most: TODAY. When I look back on 2016, I can’t really say that it was a good year, or a bad year, because there were both experiences, almost to the extreme at each end, and somewhat surreal in retrospect. So many disruptive changes occurred all at once (my dad’s death, a new business venture, loss of employee benefits at my current job but at the same time, my best year ever there, a divorce, giving up a condo on a lake, moving into a new home, renovations, challenges with my kids brought on by the divorce; it’s just been busy); so, I’m hoping that 2017 will be a little bit calmer. I welcome change, just not as much disruption all at one time, it was an emotional roller coaster year for me and a bit of a blur with so much happening.
I plan to make 2017 a better, calmer year.
I also will pray for guidance, every day, in 2017, it can’t hurt, that’s for sure!
I hope to have the opportunity in 2017 to work with other motivated individuals, to pursue further success in life, because that aligns best with my passion: continued improvement. This is what I do in my current real estate career (help successful people become more financially successful) and my new business venture (which provides motivated people an avenue to become financially successful).
If you read the original reason, “ABOUT”, from the menu in my blog, which I just started three months ago, this is it: I am looking to connect with like-minded people and collaborate.
I realize the internet is filled with a lot of fake people and get rich quick schemes…and this is NOT me, nor what I’m pursing. I believe I put enough information out there about me, my thoughts, in my blogs, so you can get to know me and hopefully realize I’m a “normal” person, if there is such a thing. If you search social media (Twitter, FaceBook, Instagram): annm2705, you will find all my information. I’m simply at a point in life, ready for the next step in a new venture and excited about the possibilities and opportunities in life.