Thought and Questions on “Waiting”?
Personally, I’m not one to wait, “patience is a virtue” doesn’t come naturally to me; I’m all about taking action. As time progresses, I’ve acquired more “tolerance”(the best descriptive word to me) for patience, even though it’s not natural for me and a continual struggle.
Not waiting has given me some amazing opportunities: ones I wasn’t fully ready for, but worked out. On the other hand, it’s also put me in bad situations. So what is the right choice waiting or not waiting?
In 2017, I’ve made some changes, and realized that I probably need to work on patience and waiting. For the first time ever, I searched “waiting” in the back of the Bible I bought and read the passages:
Waiting and patience are not natural to me, so this is a change I will try. Sometimes the application of what we read to our own lives is confusing…to me at least, but I’m trying! I already heavily booked my weekends through mid June, so I’m going to try to hold back now and slow down.
I can see “both sides” of this:
A) Patience and waiting can bring good things, like the examples in the Bible
however, I’m also a strong believer in:
B) If you want something, you have to get off your butt and work for it, you can’t wait for it…
So which is it? Or does each one apply to different subjects? Or is this taking it out of context? Questions!!?
- We get what we truly want; we don’t settle for something less.
- Waiting means trusting in God’s timing; having faith…
it’s interesting that I bought this necklace awhile ago, maybe I was missing “a message” to me?
- Experiencing patience: time feels like it’s slowed down, and not in a good way
- Missing an opportunity (even though this is true, if we act on this, aren’t we are acting out of fear, which often leads to regret?)
- Not taking action to achieve; Inaction – we aren’t using our time wisely if we wait? This is probably the one reason that I don’t often wait…
This past weekend’s message at The Crossing was about: suffering > perseverance > character > hope ….maybe this thought I woke up with, on waiting, is something I need to explore more? I don’t have the answers!